Farm School at Bell Urban Farm
Nature Play Facilitator Job Description
Position Title: Nature Play Facilitator
The Nature Play Facilitator will lead nature play-based educational programs and activities for children, providing a fun and engaging environment for children to explore nature and foster their curiosity about the natural world. This is a part time position that will support the full time Farm School Teacher. It is important that these positions work as a team, bouncing ideas off each other and planning coordinating lessons and activities as needed. The Nature Play facilitator should have a flexible schedule to accommodate giving the full time teacher a prep period in which the students can then engage in nature play outdoors. This could be at the lunch hour or whenever the teachers decide is the best based on current outdoor conditions or lesson plans.
- Plan, develop, and implement nature play programs for young children within age ranges of 6-8.
- Lead nature-based activities such as exploring nature trails, painting with natural objects, identifying plants and animals, building forts, and playing nature games and/or free play in our outdoor nature spaces.
- Promote creativity, imagination, problem-solving skills, and team-building through group and individual activities.
- Create a positive, safe, inclusive and nurturing environment where children can foster a sense of wonder and respect for nature.
- Support children's learning and growth by providing formative feedback and guiding children to develop inquiry-based learning skills.
- Work collaboratively with the lead teacher to organize schedules, materials and activities.
- Ensure the safety of all children and develop policies and procedures to support a safe and nurturing play-based environment.
- Communicate effectively with parents, staff, and admin about all activities and events.
-Help admin and staff develop policies to keep outdoor play spaces clean and organized after play.
-Serve as sub for Lead Facilitator as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in early childhood education, environmental science, or education-related field preferred but not required.
- Experience working with young children in a nature-based or play-based setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of child development, inquiry-based learning, and nature-based activities.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate young children in an outdoor setting.
- Creativity, imagination, and enthusiasm to engage children in nature play.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other facilitators and staff members of the school.
- First Aid and CPR certification is recommended.
-Ability to work flexible hours and in all outdoor weather conditions.
Job Type: Part-time position 10 to 15 +/- hours per week, with room for additional hours if needed. Candidates must be on-site M-F.
Location: Bell Urban Farm - 2001 Tyler Street, Conway, AR 72032
Pay: Hourly, starting at $18/hour with room for improvement based on school performance and growth.
-Small class size
-Not a traditional classroom
-Unique nature/farm setting
-Monday to Friday
To be considered for this postion, please answer our pre-interview questions below and upload the appropriate documents!
Pre-interview questions: https://forms.gle/KEt12YT5gTYZfJe89
Documents can be uploaded directly to the google form (linked above) or emailed to Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents needed for this postion are:
-Resume and cover letter
-Sample nature play lesson plans
Questions about this position? Please email Kim at email@example.com