Seasonal Farm Box Q&A
At Bell Urban Farm, we offer Seasonal Farm Boxes that are packed full of locally grown fruit and veggies. These CSA (community supported agriculture) - style boxes are a great way to support local farmers, enjoy fresh, seasonal produce, and experiment with cooking something new each week!
Are you interested in signing up, but still hesitant? Read the answers to some of our frequently asked questions, and take a quick survey to determine if one of our Seasonal Farm Boxes is right for you.
Overview of Seasonal Farm Boxes
|Cost||$200||$250||$150 - $300||$250|
|Length||8 weeks||10 weeks||6 or 12 weeks||10 weeks|
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign up for a Seasonal Farm Box?
Sign up on our website. Sign-ups for each season open two weeks before the start date of each box.
How much does a Farm Box cost?
A Farm Box subscription is $150 - $300, depending on the length of the box. Each week the box will have $25 worth of local produce.
Can I pay for part of my Farm Box now and the rest later?
Yes! PayPal has an option for you to pay in four installments. When you check out online, select the PayPal option, and from there, you will finish paying directly on the PayPal site.
How long does each subscription last?
Our Farm Boxes last from 6 to 12 weeks depending on the season.
How often do I pick up my box?
Boxes are picked up weekly if you sign up for a full share, and every other week if you sign up for a half share.
Where do I pick my box up from?
Grab your box at the Farmstand at Bell Urban Farm in Conway located at 2011 Tyler Street. We have ADA-accessible parking, and we are happy to deliver to your car. Boxes can be picked up after 1:00 pm on Fridays, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm on Saturdays, and 1:00 - 5:00 pm on Sundays. Each week we send out an email and text reminder to subscribers.
What can you expect in your box each week?
Each week you can find a seasonal assortment of locally grown fruit, vegetables, and herbs sourced from central Arkansas farms.
For example, you can expect to find the following items in each box:
- Spring: Leafy greens like lettuce, collards, Swiss chard, arugula, kale, root veggies such as radish, beets, carrots, onions, strawberries, blueberries, herbs, mushrooms, peas, asparagus, broccoli, and potatoes.
- Summer: Tomatoes, zucchini, squash, cucumbers, herbs, okra, peppers, eggplant, onion, blueberries, blackberries, pears, melon, corn, green beans, and herbs.
- Fall: Leafy greens like lettuce, collards, Swiss chard, arugula, kale, root veggies such as radish, beets, carrots, apples, sweet potatoes, butternut and acorn squash, mushrooms, and herbs.
- Winter: Leafy greens like lettuce, collards, Swiss chard, arugula, kale, root veggies such as radish, beets, carrots, cabbage, broccoli, kohlrabi, ginger and Tumeric root, and sweet potatoes.
How much food comes in the box?
It varies from week to week, but it will always be $25 worth of produce! Typically 5-7 different items from the list above. It will vary every week with what our farmers have available.
How many people does a box feed?
Your weekly box will feed a family of 2 to 4. If you are concerned about not being able to eat everything in the box each week, consider splitting your share with a friend or family member! Share the cost and take turns picking up and sharing the veggies!
Is the produce organic?
While most of our produce is either Organic or Certified Naturally Grown, not all of it is. It is always LOCAL though! Everything in your box will come from a small Arkansas farm! Most of our farmers use natural growing practices, even though they are not certified Organic.
Is there a way to accommodate allergies or sensitivities?
Yes, you can email us a list of allergy concerns when you sign up for a subscription, and we will gladly swap the item for another in-season. Please note that we can not exchange items for any other reason. Thank you for understanding.
What should I do if I am out of town?
You can have a family or a friend pick up your box if you are out of town, or you can let us know to donate it to the Little Free Pantry at the Library. Just email us at email@example.com or call the Farmstand at 501-504-6996 to have your box donated.
Can I sign up for some add ons even though I am not getting a Farm Box?
Sure! Why not! You will still need to follow the Farm Box pick up schedule and pick up your add ons each week at the Farmstand.
Should I sign up for a Farm Box?
Our Farm Box subscribers are people who are truly invested in the local food system, but a weekly box may not be for everyone! Answer the following yes or no questions to see if a Farm Box subscription is right for you!
- Y / N - I want to support my local farmers by buying and enjoying their produce.
- Y / N - I want to enjoy produce that is in season in central Arkansas. Even if that means finding a way to cook kale for the 3rd week in a row :)
- Y / N - I enjoy all or most of the produce items listed as being in season for my farm box subscription period.
- Y / N - I like a food challenge! I will enjoy coming up with new recipes each week to use the items in my box.
- Y / N - I care about how my produce is grown. I want to support small farmers who use sustainable and environmentally friendly farming methods.
- Y / N - Not knowing what will be in my box each week is not a problem; I am down for a seasonal food adventure! I enjoy trying new and different foods.
- Y / N - I want to cook more meals at home instead of eating out.
- Y / N - I care about what I put into my body. I want to have fresh, healthy produce on hand for meals each week.
- Y / N - I want to introduce my children to cooking using whole foods.
← Older Post Newer Post →